Current students can login below to pay tuition, cancel lessons, and schedule makeup lessons.
Studio Lesson Policies
- Remember to bring music books, a folder for sheet music, a pencil, and a notebook for weekly assignments to your lesson. Ukulele students need to bring their instrument.
- Voice students are encouraged to record the lesson for practicing at home. Many students use their iPhone, iPad or digital voice recorder for this. Singers should bring water as well.
- Don’t forget to practice. We’ll set goals for weekly practicing; plan to spend some time each day rather than waiting until the day before your lesson to work on your music.
- $160/month for 30 min, $240/month for 45 min, and $320/month for 1 hour lessons. Drop in lessons are $100/hour. Group Voice (2-4 students) is $100/month
- Tuition is due on the first lesson of every month — cash, check or credit card paid directly to me. Please make checks payable to Rebecca Rice.
- You can set up automatic monthy credit card payments by logging in above.
- If you will not attend the first lesson of the month, please drop-off your tuition at the office and it will be given to me, or you can pay online. There is a late fee of $10 for tuition paid after the 15th of the month.
- Tuition covers an average of 4 lessons a month. Some may have fewer or more, but it all averages out. Please see the calendar online by logging in above.
Tuition is not prorated for missed lessons.
Recheduling (making up) a lesson requires canceling the lesson at least 48 hours in advance above. Click on the lesson in the calendar and select "cancel." If sufficient notice is not given for a missed lesson, the student forfeits that lesson and tuition is used to hold the spot. In the event of sudden illness please cancel online as soon as you can before the lesson, leave a note with the reason for missing, and I'll issue makeup credit.
If you’ve given at least 48-hour notice online, your lesson is converted to a makeup spot for another student and you'll be automatically given a makeup credit. Register for a makeup by clicking on a blue makeup spot in the online calendar and clicking "Register." We ask students to keep makeups to no more than 2 in a quarter. Credits expire after 90 days. Lessons not cancelled online are not eligible for a makeup credit.
We know that scheduling conflicts come up from time to time, but please make your lesson time a priority. If an excessive number of make-ups are requested, it may not be possible to continue to hold the student’s regular time slot.
If you would like to stop lessons, please notify me or the Musical Beginnings office at least 2 weeks prior to the end of the month. There are no refunds given if you choose to stop mid-month.
If you have any questions at any time feel free to contact me. Email is easiest for me. Please keep texts to day-of-lesson issues. I’m looking forward to making music with you!